Namasute, revisit

We had an Indian buffet lunch at Namasute, again!

We really enjoyed our last visit, so it didn't take long for us to come back there. I guessed the dishes for buffet would be almost the same as the last time, but I was wrong. The all four kinds of vegetable curries were different! This time, spinach curry didn't have cheese but had a nice ginger flavor. The mix veggie including carrot and cauliflower was creamy. The mix lentils (and beans?) curry was earthy. My favorite of the day was spicy eggplant curry! Chicken tandoori, chicken tikka and fish curry were the same as the last time, but we won't complain; they were so good! Actually I had missed fish curry last time. I tried it this time. It was very good just as J told me! For a flavored rice, there was tomato rice this time. I have never seen such a rice dish. It was delicious!
For desserts, there was custard pudding again but served with strawberries, not with orange. The other one was "something" Halwa. I forgot what "something" was. It was a name that started with "S." According to some websites, halwa is a popular Indian dessert made of semolina and sugar, and sometimes made with carrot, called Gajar Halwa. What we had was carrot-like-orange color, but our waiter told J it was made simply with flour, sugar, etc. Anyway, no matter what it was, it was delightful. And a cup of hot unsweetened chai. Unbeatable.

Popular Posts