Kurogoma Marshmallow

This was Kurogoma (black sesame) Marshmallow.

My mother loves marshmallow. So do I. When we were shopping together during my last trip to Japan, we found the marshmallows filled with sweetened black sesame cream. I had never seen the combination of sesame and marshmallow. It sounded interesting and actually promising. My mother kindly bought two packs: one for me; one for her.
Outside was simple soft fluffy marshmallow. I found black sesame cream inside just like the image on the package. The package said the sesame was far-infrared roasted, which can roast the entire sesame seeds evenly and gently so that the sesame seeds will be smooth and sweet. The small dot of the cream inside of the marshmallow was actually prepared with such a thoughtful technique. I was impressed. Moreover, the taste was surprisingly wonderful. Although J gave a doubtful look to the marshmallows at first, he asked me more after he ate one. He was trapped in the sesame magic!

Popular Posts