Oven-roasted Chicken Thighs with Lebanese-style Spice Mix

I had a large pack of chicken thighs to roast. My question was how to flavor them. Basically more spices makes J happier. Just a rosemary/thyme and garlic combo, which I was originally thinking of, could be too bland for him. After a quick online search of a potential idea, Middle-Eastern, especially Lebanese-style flavoring looked like a good way to go. Traditional Lebanese spice mix, or baharat contains 7 spices. It seems that allspice, cinnamon, and cumin seem like to be regulars; cloves, ginger, fenugreek, nutmeg, coriander, cardamom, paprika, black/white pepper, or sumac can take the three rest seats. I had all of those spices in hand. I ended up with mixing more than seven spices. 


In addition to my own spice mix, I baked chickens with olive oil, garlic cloves, onions, fresh lemons, and fresh thyme. The result was very tasty; J approved it! 

Popular Posts