Fig & Walnut Cantucci for Santa


How amazing I still have a topic from the holiday season to post! The biscotti we bought at Broadway Deli that I mentioned earlier was Fig & Walnut Cantucci. By the way, some online sources says biscotti and cantucci are the same although I felt that's not quite right according to further information that I have found. Biscotti is the generic term for cookies or biscuits in Italian. They are crunchy as the name (twice baked) suggests. On the other hand, the definition of cantucci is "crunchy biscuits made with almonds and / or hazelnuts; typical of Tuscany." So, my understanding is that cantucci is a kind of biscotti and biscotti is not always cantucci. Does it make sense? Anyway, Fig & Walnut Cantucci were wonderful! They weren't so crunchy, rather crumbly. Modestly sweet and lovely flavorful. I found bits of dried figs but not walnuts. Walnuts must have been finely chopped and unified in the dough. We bought the Italian cookies for Santa. We had a lot of presents. Santa must have approved our choice of cookies.

Popular Posts