Chipotle-Vegetable Tamales

These were Chipotle-vegetable Tamales.

Making tamales at home was my new venture. First I have had few chances to taste tamales so far. But I have masa harina corn flour in hand and I love corn. I have a promising recipe from Veganomicon - the ultimate vegan cookbook written by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero. Buying corn husks and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce was new for me. The recipe was easy to follow and wrapping tamales were fun! 
I wasn't sure if the 40 minute steaming was enough since I packed tamales in the steamer basket although the recipe said "loosely pack the tamales into a large steamer basket." I felt tamales still kinda soft. I steamed additional 20 minutes. This time I felt fine and once tamales cooled down, the dough became nicely firmer. I liked to eat tamales with guacamole; J liked with Tabasco. I was happy to the results!

Popular Posts