Vanilla Chiffon Cake with Poached Pear in White Wine & Whipped Cream

This was vanilla chiffon cake with poached pear in white wine and whipped cream.

We picked three red Bartlett pears. When I see pears, I feel autumn is here!
They were ripen and ready to eat. Since we had other fresh fruits like watermelon for breakfast, I poached the pears in white wine and chilled them to make them desserts after dinner.

I always remember my new Chiffon cake mold that J gave me as a part of the last Christmas gifts. It was the time to use it! I followed a recipe from a pastry cooking book that I brought from Japan. I didn't whip egg white properly. So, the cake didn't rise as it was supposed to do according to the book.
But the cake was airy and had a lovely vanilla flavor.

Served a slice of the cake with poached pear and whipped cream.
 Time to eat!

Popular Posts