Bob & Pop's Sandwiches

These were sandwiches from Bob and Pop's in Washington, DC.

I was in the downtown and dropped by the sandwich vendor first time to pick up our dinner. The place has been very poplar on Yelp. I am glad to have a chance to try. I bought two sandwiches - Italian Hoagie and The Real Obama, both of which seemed their signatures. The former included Genoa Salami, Prosciutto, Capicola, Pepperoni, Aged Provolone, Arugula, Roma Tomatoes, Hoagie Relish, Bub’s Vinaigrette, and Pecorino Romano. I requested "No Mayo." It was very tasty. All cured meats were very nice, I could say even though I am not a big cured meat fan. Something spicy was in there. Relish? Two kinds of Italian cheese provided a generous cheesy flavor too!
The latter included Italian Beef Chicago Style, Slow Braised Beef Brisket, Giardinera, and Aged Provolone. It was pretty tasty too! Except, very spicy!!!!!! Yes, VERY!! Their giardinera apparently contained a lot of hot peppers. I tried to pick all of them out, but the spicy flavor penetrated all the sandwiches. The meat was delicious. It would have been a great sandwich if it wasn't that spicy.
J liked both too and agreed The Real Obama was way spicy. The store has Pop’s Beef Brisket, which includes Slow‎ Braised Beef Brisket, Apple-Horseradish Cream, 5-Year-Aged Gouda, and Veal Jus. That sounds what I would like to order next time.

Bob and Pop's
1815 M St NW
Washington, DC 20036
http://www.bubandpops.com/

Popular Posts