Chicken with Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce

This was chicken with creamy dijon mustard sauce.

I adapted a recipe from Food52, again. The reason I made this dish was this dish called for 10 fresh sage leaves. That was a great opportunity to use our sage that has been growing nicely! Although I had to replace white wine with vermouth as well as cognac with apple brandy, the creamy sauce was very tasty. The sage leaves and the generous amount of garlic cloves with skin on didn't overwhelm the sauce; instead, gently infused their flavors into the sauce. I fully understood the comment from the recipe, "You will sop up every last bit of sauce with bread because it is so delicious."
We didn't serve the dish with bread but mashed potato, but the sauce was so good on simple mashed potato. Following to some reviewers' recommendations, I broiled the skin side of chicken a few minutes before serving to make the skin super crispy. We also had lemony sautéed asparagus as side. It was quite satisfying. J enjoyed it very much. He suggested we put the dish on our list of good-for-guests dishes. What a compliment! I, who don't usually like chicken, liked this particular chicken dish. I guess it depends on how to cook to musk the unwanted chicken taste.

Popular Posts