Chestnut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

These were chestnut flour chocolate chip cookies.

I have become fond of chestnut flour. So far I made a cherry chestnut loaf cake and Castagnaccio, an Italian traditional cake with my first chestnut flour bag. This time I tried to make cookies. I adapted a recipe from a blog about creative, comfort food cooking, called Cooking on the weekends that I happened to find online. I made some changes as usual. Skip all white sugar, reduce the amount of blown sugar, skip (accidentally forget) baking soda, replace semi-sweet chocolate to bitter chocolate and reduce the amount, and skip roasted chestnuts for toppings. The recipe called for 1 cup of chestnut flour. My flour was about 140 g. I guess it was about 1 cup. I think (hope). According to the recipe, I kept a space about 2 inches between the scooped batter. The picture of the cookies on the blog showed the cookies were going to flat after baked.
Before and After...
??? Mine didn't spread at all.
The cookies were light, moist and so tasty! If I made them flatten with palm and thin, the cookies might have become crispy, but I like the caky texture of my round cookies. J liked the cookies. Welcome to my chestnut club! I will but another bag of chestnut flour soon.

Popular Posts