Pan-Seared Scallops with Scallion & Tarragon Cream

This was pan-seared scallops with scallion and tarragon cream.

The combination of the scallops and the green creamy sauce looked elegant and tasted wonderful. With simple Milanese risotto, the dinner was so enjoyable! I adapted a recipe from Food52.com. 3,000 people likes the recipe. It must be a keeper, I thought. I was right. The recipe called for spring onion. Honestly I didn't know what spring onion was. Images of spring onions online look like scallions, but some pictures shows big bulbs... Thankfully a post on the kitchn solved my question clearly. According to the post about "difference between scallions, green onions and spring onions," scallions (which are the same as green onions) and spring onions are different. Spring onions have a more intense flavor than scallions, but if you cook either one, its flavor gets mellow; thus, "they're fairly interchangeable for this use." That was very good to know. Even if they were different after cooking, I was going to stick to scallions anyway because I didn't think I could find spring onion in the middle of fall. With real spring onions, this dish could be lovely to serve for a Easter dinner. I hope J likes the idea over spring lamb!

Popular Posts