Frozen Steak Project

I completed my frozen steak project.

There were two large NY strip steaks in the freezer and we decided to eat them. I had been secretly waiting for the moment. Finally I would be able to test Cook's Illustrated's discover that cooking steaks straight from the freezer is better than cooking them after thawing in the refrigerator overnight.  The process was easy. Using a lot of oil to sear the surface of the steaks was my least favorite part, but with a oil splatter screen, the kitchen didn't get too messy. The cooking time in the oven took much longer than Cook's suggested, which I guess was because our steaks were at least twice bigger than those tasted by Cook's. Most importantly J liked the result! Side dishes were corn and Brussels sprouts. Now I know what to do with frozen steaks.

Popular Posts