Homemade Egg Salad Sandwiches

These were homemade egg salad sandwiches.

I wasn't planning to make sandwich bread. I was making dough for An-pan with unfed sourdough starter with bread machine. When the bread machine beeped, it was time to make An-pan balls. Something went wrong. The dough was too soft to shape An-pan. I didn't want to waste the dough, so I managed to move the soft dough into a loaf pan, let it rise and baked it. The bread came out from the oven beautifully. After all, nothing wrong. Just the addition of sourdough starter didn't work with the recipe for An-pan dough. For An-pan, I made dough again without sourdough starter, which was no problem to shape An-pan as usual. That means that I ended up with baking a dozen of An-pan as well as the loaf bread on the same day.
We decided to make a sandwich dinner with the unexpected loaf. We love a sandwich dinner. Easy and cozy. J's choice of filling was egg salad, one of our favorite sandwich fillings.
One and half a sandwich per person. I made a small bowl of broccoli and tomato salad, too.
The loaf was like a light brioche - buttery and slightly sweet. It makes sense because the bread was supposed to be An-pan. It worked well with the egg salad. Lessons leaned: no matter how soft or stiff dough is, just bake it.

Popular Posts