Peachberry Buckle

This was peachberry buckle.

Both peach and blueberries are in season, and I basically like any baked goods with crumbles on top. This buckle was simply built with my favorites. The recipe was from King Arthur Flour, which was easy to follow. I replaced sugar with coconut sugar and reduce the amount as usual. A few steps in the recipe was tricky, though. Step 7 - "To assemble the buckle: Spread half the batter (about 10 oz) in the prepared pan." The batter was tough and not quite spreadable. I used more than 10 oz and managed to cover the entire bottom somehow.
The recipe called for only 1 cup sliced peaches. Many reviews said they would use more peaches next time, so I used about two cups, hoping the extra peaches won't make the cake soggy.
Another troublesome step here. Step 8 - "Fold the blueberries into the remaining batter." Again, the batter was stiff; blueberries could be easily folded in. With some straggles, I managed it, I guess.
Sprinkle the generous crumble toppings and bake for about 1 hour!
Ta-da! I was glad the extra peaches didn't make the cake soggy.
A lot of fruits each slice. The lovely cinnamon-y crumbles and tender cake. I love every aspects of the buckle. The best was the day when the cake was baked. After then, the cake was getting moister and moister day by day...
When J saw the buckle first, he thought it was a single giant oatmeal cookie. That was an unexpected and funny comment. Although it wasn't his dream monster cookie, he enjoyed the buckle as I did.

Popular Posts