Brunch @ Convivial

We had a lovely brunch at Convivial, "an American Cafe with French flair in the heart of Shaw," DC.

This restaurant was one of the places on my must-go list, and finally my wish came true! We came the place for weekend brunch with J's parents. We arrived around the area much earlier, which gave us enough time to walk around the neighborhood and drop by a bakery that was another place on my must-go list and a coffee store.
After then, we still had some extra time. We simply went to the restaurant, having a drink at the bar while we were waiting for J's parents. J and I both had a "green" juice that was made with kale, celery, apple, grape, parsley, mint and lime. Very tasty and refreshing!
J's parents arrived and we moved to a dining table. There were several things on the menu I was interested in, but my choice was full English breakfast. J ordered the same. The plate was literally full - sausages, country ham, cooked tomato, huge sliced portobello mushrooms, baked beans, black pudding, two eggs (J and I chose sunny-side-up) and triangle toasts, and each was well-prepared and delicious. Actually I skipped black pudding, but J said it was very good. We also ordered pickled rockfish with green papaya, avocado, passionfruit, and watermelon radish to share. The dish was so pretty and pretty good!
J's mother had Shrimp & Grits - smoked cheddar, tasso ham, poached egg, and biscuit.
J's father had Maryland True Blue Crab Roll with fries, I think based on the photo...
I hope they enjoyed theirs as we did ours. The food was very nice, the place was bright and cozy, and the staff was friendly. We would love to come back the place in the near future.

Convivial
801 O St NW
Washington, DC 20001
www.convivialdc.com

Popular Posts