Pastries from Buttercream Bakeshop

Finally I visited Buttercream Bakeshop, a little bakery in Washington, DC!

I have been very interested in the bakery for a while, but kept missing an opportunity to go. It was a pretty little shop with a little counter. I wanted to buy as many sweets as possible, but it was a hot summer day and we won't have access to refrigerator at least for three hours; my option was limited to certain baked goods without anything quickly perishable or melt like custard cream or chocolate. We picked a peach flakie, a key lime poppy seed muffin and a ham & cheese scone. When we were back home, we shared peach flakie. Flakie is a sweet muffin-shaped croissant and apparently has been one of the bakery's signature item. It was buttery, light, yes very flaky and slices of sweet peach sandwiched inside were nice. We liked the pastry. Next morning J had ham and cheese cone and I had key lime poppy seed muffin. Mine was very good and J enjoyed his.
Everything we bought was pretty good! It's actually rare that J enjoyed a store-bought pastry these days. The bakery did a really good job. I can't wait to go back and get more!

Popular Posts