Pommoes de terre Lyonnaise with Kale

This was Pommoes de terre Lyonnaise, buttery potato & onion dish from Lyon, France, mixed with kale.

J and I love kale. Kale is one of our favorite side dish choices. I usually braise kale with red wine vinegar and garlic. This time we had not had a dinner plan even in the late afternoon, and I wanted to create something substantial with something from our refrigerator. I had at least kale, potato, onion; so I decided to introduce kale to the French potato dish I have not made so long time.

As I hoped, kale became a good friend of buttery potato. An earthy comfort dish.

Pommes de terre Lyonnaise with Kale
SERVES 2

3-4 Yukon Golden potato, 1/4 inch sliced
1/4 onion sliced
2 tbs butter
1 tbs thyme
1 bunch of kale
salt and black pepper

1. Microwave potato about 5-6 min
2. Heat 1tbs butter in pan, saute onion with a pinch of salt until soften and light brown
3. Stir in thyme and kale, saute with a pinch of salt until soften, transfer to bowl, set aside
4. Heat 1 tbs butter in now-empty pan, cook potato until golden brown on both sides
5. Add onion and kale mixture to pan, cook 1 min, adjust taste with salt and pepper

Popular Posts