Sesame Sablé Cookies

These were sesame Sablé cookies. Sablé, so "sandy." A lot of sesame made the cookies fun to bite.

What was the green drink behind? It was sweeten Matcha (powdered Japanese green tea) milk.

When it comes to green tea, I LOVE Matcha-flavored sweets and drinks. On the other hand, when I drink Japanese green tea as "Sencha," which mean steeping dried Japanese tea leaves in hot/warm water, I NEVER make it sweet. Even when I drink Matcha in Japanese tea ceremony style, which means mixing Matcha in hot water, I NEVER make it sweet. Sweeten green tea? Sounds weird to me. However, when I mix Matcha with milk, I like to make it sweet. Matcha pudding, Matcha cake, Matcha cookies are allowed to be sweet. J thinks it doesn't make sense. I know there is no logic, but nature.

Sesame sablé cookies
MAKES about 16

4 tbs butter2 tbs shortning
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tbs toasted sesame
4 1/2 oz cake flour

1. Whisk butter, shorting, sugar until fluffy and smooth
2. Add egg yolk, stir until smooth
3. Add sesame and flour, gently mix until well blended
4. Shape dough in 1-1 1/2 inch diameter tube, wrap in plastic wrap
5. Chill in refregilator until very firm, about 3 hours (or overnight or freeze)
6. Cut in 1/2 inch thickness, bake 350 F, 20 min

Popular Posts