Black Bean-stuffed Peppers

This was black bean-stuffed pepper, a great vegetarian dish.

I adapted a recipe from Vegetarian times, one of my favorite magazines. The original recipe was actually "Quinoa-stuffed Peppers," combining quinoa and black beans. I had quinoa in hand, but used only black beans since the filling sounded like much more than what I needed to fill 6 halved peppers. I reduced the amount of each of the other ingredients too. I didn't have Pepper Jack cheese, so I used Mexican cheese mix. In place of Pepper Jack's pepper flavor, I mixed in some Ancho chili pepper.



A lot of vegetables - onion, carrot, celery, spinach, tomato- along with black beans were packed in the juicy roasted sweet peppers. They were so delicious and very filling. You won't miss any meat here.

Popular Posts