Amadeus Cookies

These were homemade Amadeus Cookies.

Demel, a 222 year-old "high temple of Viennese pastry making" was featured on Saveur No. 118. The article made me want to go Vienna, Austria to visit the pastry shop. Until my dream comes true, I thought I would try one of recipes the article provided. Yes, several recipes of Damel's pastries and cakes! Amadeus Cookies was one of the recipes. They were delicate butter cookies filled with pistachio-almond paste and dipped in chocolate. I followed the recipe closely. I used Kirsch for the filling as recommended. As one of reviews on the recipe said, "to make the lines that you see on the site's picture, use the tines of a fork and gently pull them toward you on the cookie", which the recipe doesn't mention at all. I borrowed the technique.
  
They were divine. J said this was the best cookie I ever made! I will definitely make these cookies again to have his praise again. Or, J and I could fly to Vienna to bite the original Amadeus Cookies at Demel.

Popular Posts