Double Almond Biscotti

These were double almond biscotti.

I was looking for a way to use less than 10 oz of Almond paste leftover from Amadeus cookies. And I happened to find a recipe on the website of Odense, an almond paste and marzipan maker. It was about almond biscotti with almond  paste and almond slices - "double" almond. I adapted the recipe and made a few changes. I replaced 1/2 cup sugar with just 1/4 cup of Splenda, and added a splash of kirsch. I also used a food processor to mix the first ingredients.
They were pleasantly crispy and heavenly almondy. We enjoyed some with a cup of French press coffee (with a lot of milk for me) in the afternoon. The recipe said they would last 2 to 3 weeks in air-tight container although I guess they will disappear within 2 to 3 days.

Popular Posts