Cauliflower & Caramelized Onion Tart - revisit

This was my second Cauliflower and Caramelized Onion Tart.

Unlike my first attempt, I tried to follow the ingredient list of the recipe from Smitten Kitchen. Mascarpone cheese - check. Gruyère cheese - check! And truffle salt - check!
I was excited to open this brand-new truffle salt jar from Italy. I sprinkled a few pinches of the salt over the roasted cauliflower. I wasn't sure whether the amount was enough to taste truffle, but didn't want to make the dish salty. So I simply followed "a few pinches according to "the recipe.
Look at this beautiful golden tart! I carefully cut the tart and placed a piece on a plate. And I opened the refrigerator to take the salad out.... I literally screamed when I saw 1 cup of grated Gruyère cheese in a glass bowl on the shelf in the refrigerator. Yes, I grated the cheese and kept it in the refrigerator until I make the filling. Then, I totally missed the cheese out when I made the filling even though I opened the refrigerator to reach milk and eggs at the time. I was extremely shocked and sad although the tart still tasted very good. By the way, I didn't find any trace of truffle somehow. I might have needed a few more pinches.

Popular Posts