Chermoula Eggplant with Bulgur & Yogurt and Kale with Buttered Pine Nuts

This was Chermoula eggplant with bulgur & yogurt and Kale with buttered pine nuts.

It was some months ago when I made Chermoula eggplant with couscous & yogurt and Swiss shard with tahini, yogurt and buttered pine nuts. I liked both very much. I don't know why it took so long to revisit them. For eggplant, I used bulgur this time like the original recipe from Jerusalem by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi. I forgot to buy cilantro. It was one of ingredients to give the dish a bright flavor. But I didn't think about running back to the grocery in the 80 degree air only for it. because I believed J wouldn't mind of such a little (but probably major) change. For greens, I replaced Swiss chard with fresh kale from our friend S & M in hand and skipped tahini & yogurt sauce according to J's request. Both dishes were wonderful as before. The recipes captured the charm of vegetables indeed!

Popular Posts