Lures Bar & Grille

We had early dinner at Lures Bar & Grille in Crownsville, MD.

I had Grilled Tuna Nicoise. It was pretty good! I found a tiny fish cracker at the corner of the dish. That must be their signature. How cute!
J had Bison burger. He seemed happy with his choice. And I saw little fish on his plate too!
And their dessert menu shocked me. I had no idea that I would be going to meet Smith Island Cakes here. I have known the Maryland's official state dessert, but never seen in person. Of course, I have been so curious about the 9 layer cake and wished to go to Smith Island only for one reason: eat the cake. Now I know there is a place, so close to our house, where serves Smith Island cakes that are delivered fresh from the Eastern shore, the restaurant says so.
We ordered pumpkin flavor, but they had only red velvet at that time. So we shared one slice of red velvet. Actually this was not just only my first Smith cake but also my first red velvet cake. It was not too sweet and lovely moist. I know what I would like next time - original yellowcake with chocolate icing.

Popular Posts