Thanksgiving 2014

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with J's parents at their house!

The star was of course Mr. Turkey, beautifully roasted in the oven. Yes, he was a big (22 pound!) bird. How many were we? Really only 4?
Side dishes were Everyone's favorite green bean casserole,
fresh cranberry-orange relish, J's father's favorite canned cranberry jelly, roasted vegetables, and J's favorite dressing/stuffing.
There was another container of more stuffing for J! Also homemade gravy sauce.
It was so kind of J's mother not to forget my favorite candied yum with marshmallow. J's father was browning the top of marshmallow with a handheld burner. I saw one marshmallow on fire...
For a dessert, I made bread pudding with an Italian sweet wine, Moscato-soaked golden raisin and apple and pear sauce. I tried the recipe once a long time ago and remembered it was nice although I didn't recall the details. So, I wanted to try it again.
Served with homemade egg-free vanilla ice cream.
J's father made nice French press coffee for everyone. Not only with those delicious foods but also with the lovely family time together, our holiday season has started wonderfully!

Popular Posts