Breads Bakery in NYC

My secret mission during our NYC trip was to get chocolate babka at Breads Bakery.

Their famous chocolate & Nutella Babka is said the best chocolate babka in NY. It must be worth trying it if we are in NY. We were in the city and I couldn't miss it. When we visited the bakery, unfortunately there was no Chocolate & Nutella Babka. So we visited the bakery again on the next day. Chocolate & Nutella Babka waited for us! J bought one Chocolate & Nutella Babka and one Cinnamon Babka and took them home.

This was Chocolate & Nutella Babka.
And this was Cinnamon Babka with a lot of raisins and walnuts.
And their cross-section.
Both were very good! Especially Chocolate & Nutella was outstanding. I don't have much experience to talk about babka, but I could tell they were fantastic sweet pastries. While I was still lingering on the taste of the Chocolate & Nutella Babka, I happened to find an article of interview with Uri Scheft, Master Baker of Breads Bakery along with his recipe of Chocolate & Nutella babka! Now I can bring a Chocolate & Nutella Babka to our breakfast table without going back to NYC. 

Breads Bakery
18 East 16th Street
New York, NY
http://www.breadsbakery.com/

Popular Posts