Niku-Jaga, revisited

This was Niku-Jaga.

I guess this was my third Niku-Jaga. I cooked it like before although the kind of beef I used might have been different. I picked up a package of thinner and smaller sliced beef available at the local grocery store at 7am in the morning. I was in a hurry because it was only the late night of the day before I had known I would have a guest this day. The surprise was my brother. I thought some Japanese foods might be good for him. My first idea was Teriyaki chicken balls. Then, the grocery store didn't have any ground chicken. So, Niku-Jaga was one of a very few alternatives that I know how to make and I can get all required ingredients. My concern was the timing. Niku-Jaga would take longer time than chicken balls, but I managed it by the time my brother showed up. Actually he came here 1 hour earlier than planned. My Niku-Jaga was perfectly cooked and delicious.

Popular Posts