Gramercy Tavern in NYC

We were at Gramercy Tavern for late lunch/early dinner before heading to the Penn Station. This Michelin one star restaurant had a no-reservation, walk-in lounge, the Tavern, which was perfect for us who didn't plan what to do on the day.

The interior was lovely, full of fall color and decorations. They seem to focus on local seasonal ingredients. I assume they also match the interior design to each season.
Again we shared two dishes. One was Japanese Kabocha pumpkin chowder with striped bass (and something else, I forgot). I didn't expect it to be some sort of Asian/curry spiced soup. J didn't mind it but honestly it wasn't my favorite.
The other dish was Sea Bass. This was good. Simple and light but not plain.
Maybe because we didn't have a full meal at their dining room, I wasn't sure I found Michelin star cuisine there. Or I was too tired to taste it at that time. Perhaps that was true because I didn't order a dessert. How sad! By the way the service was certainly Michelin star: very smart and handsome.

Gramercy Tavern
42 East 20th Street
New York, NY
http://www.gramercytavern.com/

Popular Posts