Galway Bay Irish Pub

We had a dinner at Galway Bay in Annapolis.

Although we have tried many restaurants around Annapolis, we haven't been to this Irish restaurant yet. I have been interested in it since a food-channel guy visited it and corned beef cabbages wraps that was featured in the TV program looked nice, and it also has received good reviews on yelp. Our experiments on Irish cuisine has been limited to the Killarney House in Davidsonville. Their food is usually ok, but never "wow!" So I wanted to try a different Irish restaurant to find a dish that excites me. This place was a candidate and luckily we had a chance to check it out. When I stepped in the restaurant, I thought the interior decorations and atmosphere were familiar to me.
Then when I saw the menu, I immediately recognized it was exactly the same menu from Killarney House. I mean, each page of the menu exactly. J asked our server if the restaurant is related to Killarney. She said, yes. The same owner; the same menu. It was a disappointing shocking finding! Anyway we were going to have a dinner there. I chose something traditional Irish and I haven't tried before from the very familiar menu: the Irish Reuben. I had never ordered any dishes with corned beef at Killarney before because I usually avoid chunky meat. But I remembered the food channel TV  guy praised their corned beef in the cabbage wraps, which made me curious about their corned beef. How powerful media is! Or how easily manipulated I am? My sandwich was actually not bad. I forgot to replace the fries with cooked vegetables. I was so distracted by the fact we just found out...
J picked up corned beef and cabbage. I guess he have eaten the dish at least five times. He seemed to have enjoyed it except cabbage that was overcooked according to him.
We didn't order cabbage wraps because both my dish and J's had corned beef. J kindly asked our server to bring some whole grain mustard sauce that is served with their corned beef cabbage wraps that I saw on the food channel TV program and wanted to try. The sauce was like rich mayo or custard cream with mustard flavors. I dipped my fried potatoes in it. I felt I have accomplished all I wanted to do at Galway Bay, which now we have known can also be done at Killarney House.

Popular Posts