Napa Cabbage Kimchi with Rice & Tofu Miso Soup

This was Napa Cabbage Kimchi from Honeycomb Grocer, a vendor in Union Market.

The jar just mentioned "Napa Cabbage." No ingredients. No best-by-when information. No name of producer or origin. It was in the refrigerator in the vendor. J took a chance. He did right. With my limited experience with kimchi, this tasted fresh and nicely seasoned. It had strong sourness, which I liked. It wasn't too spicy or garlicky, which I liked. All you need was simple steamed rice. Well, J simply can snack the kimchi straight out from the jar, but kimchi with rice is my way. I also made Tofu miso soup too. I like this kind of simple dinner. J liked the kimchi very much. If we go back to Union Market, I am sure he will buy another jar (or jars).

Popular Posts