Mushroom Ravioli

This was mushroom ravioli.

My goal was to create non-meat dish with our fresh sage growing at our garden. Sage is a good friend of mushroom. J suggested mushroom ravioli. What a great idea! For the mushroom filling, I made up my own filling - three kinds of mushrooms; about 1/2oz dried oyster, 8oz fresh crimini, and 4oz fresh shiitake, 1 large shallot, 1 garlic clove, a handful of fresh parsley and 6 large sage leaves from our garden, about 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, a couple of tablespoon ricotta cheese, and black pepper.
I could have made my own fresh ravioli sheets, but I chose an easy pass: commercial wonton wrappers. But I was't completely lazy. I made each edge of ravioli wavy with a ravioli cutter one by one. They looked like ravioli, not wonton anymore!
I boiled them about 3 minutes, drained and arranged them on a warmed plate. Drizzled extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated parmesan cheese and black pepper. Without tomato or cream based sauce, we could taste the delicious herb-mushrooms filling clearly. And it made the dish light too.
I have made a lot of dishes and liked many of them. This was one of the best creations that I have made.

Popular Posts