Braided Semolina Bread

This was Braided Semolina Bread.

I bought semolina flour several month ago to make something with it. Obviously I hadn't had a specific idea but thought semolina cake or semolina fresh pasta. Actually I had never used semolina flour before, so I wanted to do so because I have been a big fan of Italian dried pasta made with semolina flour for years. Then, I had kept missing a chance to play with semolina for a while until I saw a recipe called braided semolina bread in King Arthur Flour's catalog. The bread looked nice and toppings was just like everything bagels that J likes. Do I have semolina flour? Yes!
Braiding bread was a fun part. The second rise was done much quicker than I thought. It may have been more than doubled.
The first homemade bread with "Everything" toppings!
I left the bread in the oven extra 30 minutes after the bread was baked for crunchy exterior. It worked very well. 
The inside was lovely soft! Honestly I didn't distinguish semolina flour taste from the bread, but it tasted great and the texture was wonderful. This bread can be one of the best bread I baked. Perhaps because of semolina power! I guess?

Popular Posts