Spaghetti alla Puttanesca in Two Ways

This was Spaghetti alla Puttanesca in a usual way.

I mean, it was made with my latest recipe. It was tasty as always. J said anchovy was a little strong while I used only 2 and a half anchovy filet. Maybe I didn't cook anchovy enough?
We had made Spaghetti alla Puttanesca just a few days early. At that time I used tomato puree instead of crushed tomato from a can of diced tomato. The tomato puree was leftover from smoked tofu Gumbo, so we needed to do something with it soon. It was the first time to make Puttanesca sauce with tomato puree. The sauce was thicker, I could tell before tasting it. The color was deeper too. By the way, Puttanesca is a great opportunity to use our fresh parsley from our garden.
The thick sauce tangled with pasta very well. It tasted a sort of mellow, not fresh bright tomato flavor. Not too bad. I prepared our usual way, however. Next time we can try with fresh tomatoes. Well-ripen summer fresh tomatoes may make the best Puttanesca sauce ever! Or with fire-roasted tomatoes on the grill? In any way, we can add our fresh parsley!

Popular Posts