Osteria 177

We had a lunch at Osteria 177 in Annapolis.

We have been there once years ago and haven't had a chance to revisit. It was a hot summer day. We were looking for somewhere quiet and cozy with a cool air. This was the place. We has a big sip of iced tea first and were ready to munch salad. Full portion  of Caesar salad for J; half of arugula salad for me. Mine was ok. No surprise. It was just what it looked like.
We both ordered the same pasta dish. I don't remember the name exactly but it was fresh Pappardelle pasta with shrimp, scallop, and jumbo crabmeat in creamy saffron sauce (I think). It was pretty tasty! We enjoyed it very much. Seafood was nice and pasta was cooked well. The portion looked small but was actually right because the sauce was very rich that made us skip a dessert. I thought it was funny to hear from our waiter that they used real saffron. I hope any restaurant use real saffron when it was mentioned on the menu. It was a nice revisit. I won't mind coming back for the pasta again.

Popular Posts