S'more Mint Chocolate Ice Cream

This was S'more mint chocolate ice cream.

Our minty ice cream project is ongoing! This time we were back to chocolate, but it was more than chocolate. S'more! Fire-roasted melting marshmallow and chocolate between graham crackers sounds heaven. I haven't grown up in a country that has a S'more culture. If I had had, I could have consumed hundreds of S'more by my 10 years old birthday. It's time for me to catch up. For S'more parts - marshmallow, graham crackers, and chocolate, I adapted a recipe of Toasted S’more Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream by Half Baked Harvest. It's a beautiful blog that I happily ran into during my S'more ice cream research and would like to follow.

Mini marshmallows were nicely toasted! I was surprised how large marshmallows were swollen when they were heated! I was glad to keep them away from each other. It reminded me of Thanksgiving's sweet yum topped with a mountain of marshmallows that J's mother kindly makes.
Crushing grahams crackers was fun!
And chocolate fudge. I hadn't made chocolate fudge before. This one was easy - just mixing chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli's 60 % cacao bittersweet), condensed milk and butter. I reduced the volume of butter to half of what the recipe called for.
Ice cream was my usual Jeni's non-egg ice cream base made with Agave syrup. A handful of fresh mint from our garden and 2 oz of chopped Ghirardelli's 70% extra bittersweet chocolate.
In a container, I layered chocolate fudge, graham crackers, ice cream, marshmallows, fudge, crackers, ice cream, marshmallows, on and on...
And the last was fudge.
After freezing for some hours, it was tasting time.
I shall say this was the best ice cream I made ever. Seriously.
J loved the ice cream too! Chewy toasted marshmallows, gooey chocolate fudge, sandy nutty graham crackers, and minty chocolaty ice cream... so many fun things were packed all in a scoop. I think because of the crisp mint flavor, the ice cream didn't taste overly sweet. It was so refreshing. I will proceed the minty ice cream project!

Popular Posts