Lemon & White Chocolate Petit Cake

These were lemon and white chocolate petit cake.

I believe white chocolate and lemon is a great combination. A recipe of white chocolate cake with lemon glaze from David Lebovitz has been on my must-to-make list for a while. I had both lemon and white chocolate in hand. Shall I try? What has stopped me trying the recipe was a little too much sugar in and on the cake. So I only used the recipe as a reference for ingredients and made my own white chocolate and lemon cake. For cake, I changed the amount of each ingredients, basically reducing the amount of each, especially sugar and eggs. And I replaced all refined sugar with healthy coconut sugar.
For glaze, I used minimum powder sugar in freshly squeezed lemon juice and brushed the almost-lemon-juice glaze lightly on the top of the cake. Very lightly. These cakes are cute and tasty. Lemony, of course, with milky sweetness from white chocolate. Apparently J liked them. I think he ate 5 pieces on the day I baked them!

Popular Posts