Date & Applesauce Cake, Dairy-Egg-Fat-FREE

This was date and applesauce cake. Non dairy, egg or fat.

Also, non refined sugar. And the cake tasted great. It was a "too good to be true" cake! Yes, it was true. I bought a pack of dates and wanted to bake something with them. Something sweet but healthy. I went back to a recipe of fat-free Applesauce and Ginger Cake with Maple Glaze. I halved the recipe, replace white sugar with blown sugar and reduced the amount. My applesauce was non-sugar-added. I skipped all ginger and added chopped naturally sweet dates.
Because of the unusual cake ingredient combinations, the cake's texture was a sort of chewy and bouncy, but overall light and pleasant. It was like a pudding, similar to my favorite Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake.
So why shall I serve the date applesauce cake with toffee sauce and whipped cream like sticky toffee pudding cake? I made toffee sauce and took frozen custard cream out from the freezer instead of whipped cream. It was lovely. J liked the cake as is while he thought the addition of toffee sauce was very nice. Now I have a solution of how to serve delicious sticky toffee pudding cake with no egg and less fat.

Popular Posts