Casarecce Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

This was Casarecce pasta with sun dried tomato pesto.

We have been enjoying pesto with our fresh basil (often oregano and parsley too) pesto. While we love classic Genovese pesto, I added some sun dried tomatoes in it this time. It wasn't the first time to do so. My walnut pesto, or Pesto di Noci had sun dried tomatoes, which provided a deep complex flavor to the nutty pesto. In fact I was going to make walnut pesto this time but realized I didn't have walnut.
Then when I was getting dried tomatoes from the jar, I realized these weren't not usual sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, but marinated sun dried tomatoes with capers. Oh, NO! I must have picked it carelessly. Picking up a wrong thing is one of my habits. A bad one. The jar's ingredients said spices and wine vinegar along with capers. I tasted a tiny piece of the unknown product. Well, it tasted fine to me. I mean, just tasted like a sun dried tomato. There was some sort of flavors but that was acceptable. Honestly I liked it.
For pasta, J chose Casarecce pasta. I boiled pasta, tossed it with the freshly made pesto, and served immediately with grated Pecorino cheese. It was great; I tasted pesto and pesto and pesto. Where did the sun dried tomatoes go?

Popular Posts