Extraordinary Marinated & Roasted Chicken, Potatoes & Chickpeas

This was Extraordinary Marinated and Roasted Chicken, Potatoes, and Chickpeas.

I found the recipe on Food52. More than 2,000 favorites. Apparently people love this chicken dish. Marinate chicken with potatoes and chickpeas day before; roast all on the day to eat. It was supposed to be easy to cook and great to taste. I know, it's one of my least favorite foods - chicken. However my curiosity to examine the outstanding vogue overcame chicken. All ingredients were simple. I just bought a jar of Harissa. I didn't have buttermilk, so replaced it with Greek yogurt. I was able to use all Yukon golden potatoes in the pantry that I had been looking for a way to consume. Yes, it was an easy prep. Everything was nicely fit in 2 gallon ziplock bag. According to the recipe, I flipped over the bag whenever I opened the refrigerator's door. I did quite a lot. Next day while the marinated stuffs were roasted, I made toasted cumin and Tzatziki. As some reviewers recommended, I turned up the oven temperature from 400F to 425F to ensure crispy chicken skins and potatoes.
It looked nice although the sauce was kinda soupy and didn't become thick and gooey like the recipe said. Well, some reviewers had the same problem.
Fresh cilantro for garnish.
The flavor was ok, not great for me, but J seemed to enjoy this dish very much. I really liked the roasted potatoes, though. I could just eat potatoes without chicken. Tzatziki was a very nice company. Will I make this again? Maybe.

Popular Posts