Pasta all'Amatriciana, again

This was Pasta all'Amatriciana, again!

I reviewed the recipe I adapted before and made some changes. Ingredients were almost the same  onion, pancetta, tomatoes, a little white wine (vermouth, this time), and a lightly crushed whole clove garlic. I intentionally didn't add garlic last time to keep it as simple as possible. I changed my mind. A hint of garlic might be a nice tough. So I didn't chopped or minced but kept the whole clove, simmered it in the sauce, and removed it before serving. In fact, it worked well. I used a whole onion this time. So a lot of onion, which I liked it. A major change was how to cook onion - combine water and onion in the pan and cook together before olive oil was added. As the result, onion became soft and sweeter. According to Lidia, this was a traditional in Rome but unusual step. I think this also worked well! Our pasta choice this time was linguine. Sharp pecorino might be better, but we had only sweet parmesan. Well, cheese is cheese!
Sweet oniony, meaty, wonderful! Somehow I don't mind fatty pancetta in this way if it's only with good pancetta.

Popular Posts