Zingerman's Stollen

This was Zingerman's stollen.

I had been thinking about stollen after Dresden Stollen Bakers' stollen disappeared. The stollen was so good. I wondered, How does a stollen from another baker taste like? My real question was, Do I really need to wait for the next Christmas to find it out? I was impatient. When I saw stollen on Zingerman's online shop which was sold half an original price on sale, my finger clicked "buy." I also had 10% discount from Zingerman's. So it was supposed to happen. Zingerman's cartoon box was cure!
Hello! I felt Christmas arrived again!
It came in a round shape. I thought stollens were supposed to be in oval. Still it had a little hill on the top, which I guess people call a "lip." According to Zingerman's, their stollen was cured for 3 weeks after it was baked. I was informed that the cracked and browned sugar top was not a quality problem.
The ingredient list: real butter, Bacardi white rum, glacéed lemons, oranges, cherries, fresh lemon and orange zest, fresh lemon juice, currants, almonds, golden raisins, Red Flame raisins, organic Mexican vanilla beans and their very scent-sual Indonesian cinnamon.
J and I liked it. It was nice. Still we both agreed that Dresden Stollen Bakers' had a finer texture and a better quality. We will most likely buy one from Dresden Bakers for the next Christmas. By the way, According to Dresden Stollen Bakers, many people prefer to warm individual slices of stollen in the toaster or microwave before eating. Zingerman's says, Toasted and spread with a little sweet butter, it's delicious. So far I like it as is at room temperature. I am already looking forward to the next christmas!

Popular Posts