Galettes des Rois 2016

This was Galettes des Rois, our annual King Cake for 2016!

During the first round we both didn't find a feve. Bonaparte Bakery from where we bought the king cake said they put a feve only when it was requested. So J requested by phone in advance. We hoped they didn't forget it. The cake was wonderful. The almond custard filling tasted fresh and not eggy, and the crust was light and not salty.
At the second round, a little something was in my piece. I became the king again! The cake came with a golden crown. It shall be on my head.
The feve was a fish. A flat fish. All feve I collected so far were 3D, not 2D like this. What happened? Did the new owner of the bakery change the feve supplier? Anyway, the flounder joined my feve collection and will be a friend of the others.

Popular Posts