Blackberry Greek Yogurt Cake with Whipped Cream

This was blackberry Greek yogurt cake with whipped cream.

Recently I have made buttermilk cake with raspberry and blueberry so far. I wanted to make it again with different berries or other fruits. Based on my experience with blueberries, a kind of fruit with less juice when it is baked would be appropriate. At a local Wegmans, organic blackberries looked gorgeous, and like raspberries, I was very sure they will be baked nicely on/in a cake. Yes, they were!
The original cake is called buttermilk cake, but I didn't have buttermilk and didn't want to buy a whole carton because I didn't have a plan to use it other than the cake. So I made up an alternative of buttermilk by mixing milk and Greek yogurt. Therefore, this was named Greek yogurt cake. It turned out fine.    

For raspberry and blueberry, I didn't serve with whipped cream. I must have been out of mind back then. Whipped cream is a good friend of this kind of cake!

Popular Posts