Strawberry Mint White Chocolate Ice Cream

This was strawberry mint white chocolate ice cream.

Our ice cream should be minty. However, I think mint I added wasn't enough. We didn't taste mint. Other than that, the ice cream was very delightful. A lot of fresh sweet summer strawberry flavors!

Before making this, I read an article of The Trouble With Strawberry Ice Cream: How to Nail the Trickiest Dessert by Serious Eats. I agreed with their points and adopted their recipe. I made some changes, though. I used some sugar to maturate fresh strawberry bit mix-ins along with a generous amount of Cointreau, but replaced all of the other sugar with Agave syrup. Because of this change, I reduced the amount of light corn syrup. I didn't have half and half, so mixed heavy cream and low-fat milk, 1:1. Moreover, our homemade cream should be minty. I warmed up the milk-cream mixture and added mint leaves to extract a minty flavor. However, because I believe the mint leaves weren't enough, we didn't taste any mint in the ice cream. I also added some chopped white chocolate in the ice cream, but it wasn't enough either. Although we were able to find white chocolate here and there in the ice cream, J wanted more.
In spite of the lack of minty flavor and the shortage of white chocolate, the ice cream was fantastic after all! The ice cream clearly tasted just like bright sweet summer strawberries. The texture was super creamy. It was the best strawberry ice cream ever!

Popular Posts