Cornmeal-Fried Pork Chops & Warm Lentil-Potato Salad

These were cornmeal-fried pork chops and warm lentil-potato salad.

This was the second time to make cornmeal-fried pork chops! The last time, I adapted a recipe smitten kitchen. This time I adapted that recipe for the crust part although I replaced buttermilk with a mixture of milk and Greek yogurt, and followed a recipe of Crispy Pan-Fried Pork Chops from Cooks Illustrated for the pan-frying part. I remember I burned pork chops and filled the house with smoke last time. It was because I didn't use enough oil, I think. So this time I made sure there was enough oil in the pan, and my pork chops were nicely golden and crispy! I also made warm lentil and potato salad by adapting a recipe from smitten kitchen. It was pretty good although I would prefer lentils cooked longer. J said the salad was like a potato salad. Yes, it was something like that. I guess mixing lentils made this salad healthier than just-a-potato salad.

Popular Posts