Mango Frozen Yogurt with Blueberry Compote

This was mango frozen yogurt with blueberry compote.

This was a dessert served after the delicious Cataplana of seafood. I found a recipe of this cool fruity treat on Mr. Lebovitz's blog, one of my favorite blogs. I was sure I could find fresh organic blueberries at Wegmans, but not sure nicely-ripen mangos that was ready to become frozen yogurt the next day morning. If not, I needed to go with a Plan B immediately.

Luckily Wegmans provided me with perfect mangoes as well as blueberries! I replaced all sugar for the mango frozen yogurt with Agave syrup as usual, and reduced sugar for the blueberry compote. The result was absolutely wonderful! The mango frozen yogurt alone was lovely, but truly better with blueberry compote. In fact, when the blueberry compote ran out before the mango frozen yogurt, I made more blueberry compote so that the mango frozen yogurt would be always together with blueberry compote.

Popular Posts