Homemade Sourdough Pizza with Fed Starter

This was homemade sourdough pizza with fed starter.

It was some months ago when I made sourdough pizza with unfed starter, following a recipe by King Arthur Flour. The pizza was very good. This time I had active fed starter in hand. What if I use it for pizza? The dough looked like the same, I guess.
I still don't know if I did pre-baking the crust in the right way. Like the last time, the crust started making rising like pita bread once it was placed in the oven. The recipe said 4-5 minutes for pre-baking. I don't remember how I did manage 4 minutes last time. If I left the crust for 4 minutes in the oven, it could have become a big balloon pita bread, which scared me! I pre-baked the curst only for two minutes.
Toppings were grape tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, and our garden basil leaves. For sauce, I made a simple fresh tomato sauce as usual. The pizza turned out very good! Perhaps the active starter made the crust more savory. Although I didn't fully pre-bake the crust and some toppings released extra juice, the crust wasn't soggy. Now we know sourdough pizza is delicious whichever fed or unfed.

Popular Posts