Minty Coffee Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

This was minty coffee chocolate chip ice cream.

J and I were discussing what flavor should be for our homemade ice cream adventure next to the fantastic S'more Mint Chocolate Ice Cream. One thing was sure; it would be minty. Using our garden mint is becoming ritual when we make ice cream. No question here. We simply truly love minty ice cream. J had an idea of "mint + coffee." I wasn't sure at first, but then thought about something like minty mocha Frappuccino. It would actually work well if J allows me to add chocolate there.
It did work well indeed. To make my ice cream granulated sugar-free, I usually use agave syrup instead. So I did this time. A caramel-like flavor of agave syrup added additional depth and complexity to the ice cream. We liked our creation very much!

Popular Posts