Homemade Ultimate Oatmeal Cookies

These were homemade Ultimate Oatmeal Cookies.

When I saw a recipe of the ultimate oat meal cookies in the latest Cook's Illustrated magazine, I realized I have never made oatmeal cookies. There was a recipe for the ultimate version. So, why not? The recipe was for 20 cookies, which sounded too many for two of us. I halved the recipe and made 10. I skipped all white sugar and reduced brown sugar by some. The recipe didn't cream butter or rest the dough; it was very easy and quick to follow!
The result was superb! The cookies were very tasty, moist and chewy; NOT cakey, dry or over-spiced, as the recipe promised. J and I really loved the cookies. They were wonderful alternative to our usual LU chocolate cookies. I guess these were healthier than LUs. J told me I would't have to halve the recipe next time. I agree with him.

Popular Posts