Simple Blueberry Muffins

These were simple blueberry muffins.

Surprisingly fresh blueberries surprisingly didn't look too bad at a local grocery store that often disappoints me in terms of quality of produces. I bought a small pack of them and some bananas, thinking of making smoothie. When I got back home, I realized we didn't have bread for J's next day's breakfast/lunch. The blueberries became muffins. I adapted a recipe of Jordan Marsh's Blueberry Muffins from New York Times. I halved the recipe to make just six muffins, replaced sugar with coconut sugar as usual, and added some lemon zest. The recipe crushed half of blueberries and mixed into the batter, which I didn't. I simply held all fresh blueberries into the batter at the last. I don't know how crushing the blueberries would affect the result, my muffins were fluffy, moist, modestly sweet, perfect breakfast.

Popular Posts