New Treats from Bonaparte Breads

This was coconut macaroon with coffee cream by Bonaparte Breads and Bakery.

When we visited the French bakery recently, we saw the new pastry. First we didn't know what they were, and J asked the lady at the counter and found out they were macaroon. It could be very sweet, but I was eager to try anything new at the bakery. We bought one to share. Actually the macaroon was sweet but not too sweet. The rich mocha cream went well with the coconut-y sandwiches. We also bought a lemon tart that we had before. I feel they have two kinds of lemon tarts. I taste their lemon tart sometimes eggy and sometimes not. This was eggy, which wasn't my favorite.
There was also a new pastry in their savory items. It was vegetable empanada. We like their chicken empanada. While this vegetable version had the similar flavor with a kind of tomato-bell pepper sauce, I found a lot of zucchini in the filling instead of chicken. I loved it! I will definitely get veggie one from now on. I guess J will stick to chicken one. That's alright if we both are happy.

Popular Posts